15 January 2010

15.Delay.

They delayed our "tentative" departure date again until the 28th now.

I feel like it's kind of late in the game for them to still be "tentative" on everything and schedule our return date a month too soon. Luckily, I emailed them back and they said they didn't notice so the travel agent is going to have to fix it? I'm a little frustrated with the program organization at the moment and ready to be out of here and they haven't even purchased our tickets yet. Yes, when I get slightly irritated I use "and" too much in my sentences. My mom told me that last week.

Hence, I'm going to tie up all my loose ends in Orem and Provo this weekend including a wonderful dentist appointment! Then, back to Brigham for a week before I leave.

Side note-In the two weeks I've been in my home ward they've had me teach the Gospel Principles Sunday School class and asked me to speak in church. =fourth teaching assignment, three wards, four months. I learn so many life lessons everyday that deciding where to focus for a talk can be very difficult for me. I also realized how rusty my public speaking skills have become. Before the first talk, I didn't have a need to even think about addressing a group of people in any regard since my talk in July of '08 and FBLA Nationals was just before so I was in that "mode".. When I combine my lack of speaking skill with my deep appreciation for the most important thing in my life, my capacity to communicate instantaneously combusts.

Hence, I am still working hard at becoming a better person. That's just another area that needs urgent attention.

Although I am attempting to learn as much Russian as I can, all communication
skill will be revoked the second I get off the plane in St. Pete's. Hopefully, I will gain a whole new level of understanding for the attribute of "patience". I am getting anxious to leave.

Exhibit A-
Wearing my coat that will make me look like I'm 3x bigger than usual when zipped and over sweaters like Ralphy in The Christmas Story and purely keen.
Yes, my knees are slightly bent. ha.


1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    You are adorable, even in a coat the size of something that is not you. We are sorry your departure date was delayed, but think it is cool how you don't let it stop you from being busy! Thanks for your amazing example! We love you and wish you THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete