04 January 2010

Title Explanation and Pre-Departure Info

I officially moved my temporal belongings up to Brigham City yesterday. It was a sad drive. I will miss Orem for the next few weeks.

I feel like the title of this blog needs to be explained..
the above "BEHEPA" is Russian characters but is actually pronounced "Venera". It translates to "Venus" in English. In the form of Venera, it is Italian, and also my middle name. It is the name I will be addressed as throughout my time in Russia because the Russian translation of "Heather" sounds like a swear word. I think it would just be too entertaining for the kids I will be teaching to say the least.

The above background picture is the one that convinced me to go when I was researching programs and locations.

Also, I did purchase a new camera to replace my stolen one, better late than never, right? Hence, there will be occasional pictures posted once I begin the routine blogging..

As I prepare for this trip and attempt to learn as much Russian as I can in the next couple weeks, I just want to thank you all for your support of me, friendships, and examples. I have appreciated my association with all of you and hope that once I return- soon -they will all continue to grow!

Thank you and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

H.

2 comments:

  1. GO HEATHER!!! We are all so happy for you, and you better keep this updated so we know where you are and what you are doing. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    Thanks for inviting us to your blog! We wish you tons of happiness and success! We would love to hear about and see the great things you will be doing. Best Wishes, and with TONS of love,
    Aunt Diane and family

    ReplyDelete