11 March 2010

The art of everyday.

Reason #1 why Saint Petersburg is a perfect little place for Heather. Fantastic. They are on the exterior of so many random buildings in the city.#2. Modern on the left, old on the right. It's a past and present connection. Actually connected, yes.
#3. One of my favorite ceilings thus far, in my new favorite building thus far. Saint Isaac's. The seemingly life-size, central, made of silver, white dove has about a wingspan that is about 3 meters long wingspan.. The cathedral has more than 7500 square feet of mosaics. 48 pillars that weigh 112 tons - EACH. Those are my favorite part. Plus the process of construction. I'll post more about the trusses they used later. I love it.
Lovely lucky little random things are everywhere..they get rubbed until they are gold and shiny with people making wishes.
For my Dad. Remember when someone attempted to explain this in an interesting way? Well, we discussed the history of flight in my level 7 class (14/15 year olds). It was great.
How often do you drive your car? (Taken from the view out my window.)

2 comments:

  1. GARBE!!!
    love these posts.
    keep on keepin. love shoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    It looks like we live in a different world, not a different country! I am sure glad you are sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete